Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Sms69l22gb/32 ecosilence bosch dishwasher e 15 error tilting

Customer Question

Hi, sms69l22gb/32 ecosilence bosch dishwasher e 15 error tilting does not work
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: pump drains, have to unplug to stop it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: this does not appear to be a standard bosch dishwasher so advice on the internet does not work so far
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If there is no water below the tub, the float switch is probably faulty. See the attached page for removal. Access is from the bottom of the machine after it is totally pulled out. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I did look everywhere but you must be using the manual for a different model - there is nothing like the picture you sent me. I can see the pump that drains the water with 3 wires going in - could it be integrated with the float switch? I did pull out the wires and the machine was dead when switched on. Put the wires back and the same problem as before - the pump drains water I pour in, even with the lid open. But the display has gone completely blank/dead!?
Do you have the technical/repair manual for this model (sms69l22gb/32 eco silence Bosch dishwasher)- I suspect it is a bit non-standard.
Thanks, Karel
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
The attached image is from the model AND series specific manual. Does that look like what you have?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, this does not look anything like it - this is the SMS series. There is no polystyrene float, no separate switch etc... There is no water leak anywhere so I suspect the switch/electronics is faulty and without the right manual it may be hard to work out what is wrong.
Thanks, Karel
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Not sure then, I will place your question back to the list because apparently the Bosch site is wrong.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, the reason I could not see it was that the gap below the door (which I did not know I had to unscrew) was too low. I now see the polystyrene float and the switch. I removed the switch and there is a small burn mark on it indicating that it probably burned out. There is now the issue of no display and where I get a new switch?