Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have an indesit fan oven with a grill and it only appears

Customer Question

i have an indesit fan oven with a grill and it only appears to have one element
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: fan works no heat in oven
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 months ago.
Hi Can you post the model number of the oven please. Regards
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Indesit Forno f31
Hi Thanks for that. This model is showing it as having 3 elements. It has the grill element inside at the top, A fan element behind the back panel inside the oven and a lower base element under the bottom cavity accessed from the back. So as you say the fan runs but its not getting hot then its more then likely a faulty fan element. You need to remove the shelevs inside the oven and from there remove the back panel.There you will see the round fan element around the fan blade.Inspect the element and see if theres signs of burning on there. If so then you need to replace the heater element and that should sort the fault out from there. Check that out and see what you find and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Fie 56 kb ix gb
We have removed the fan cover
From the front and there is no element there
Do you get to it from behind the oven
By removing the back panel
That is to say
Behring the fan ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The grill element is also not working
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could this be a thermostat. Issue
Ok thats a different model then you posted before so if thats the correct model number then this is a convectional oven with a fan. So this oven just has 2 elements, The gill inside at the top and the base element at the bottom under the cavity. There is no fan element in there. As you say the grill isnt working when you turn it on and turn the thermostat on does the little red light on the front come on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the yellow light is on
Ok if you have the oven switch on but the thermostat switch off is the light still on or off?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
On it appears to be working but no heat at all
Ok just want to check the timer is set and not flashing first as if thats not set this can cause a no heat. But if thats fine then its looking like the thermostat is the fault here. For this you need to pull the oven out and remove the top panel and there you will see the back of the thermostat.If you have a multi meter you need to test between the 2 tags. But make sure the power is turned off.Turn the thermostat on and check the 2 tags for contonuty. If there isnt then the thermostat is the fault and will need to be replaced.
Hi How have you got on as i havnt heard back from you?