Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have a beko DRCT70w tumble dryer that is 4 years old.

Customer Question

Hello, I have a beko DRCT70w tumble dryer that is 4 years old. Last year I started to see black streaks appearing on lighter clothes. The marks can not be removed by stain removers or bleach - they look like black oil perhaps.
I had thought it was our washing machine so I replaced it but we are still getting the marks so it must me the tumble dryer. Have you heard of this before and is there anything I can do to fix it? Thank you. Jennie
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Hi Jennie, Can you give me the product code of you appliance, its on the rating plate inside the door frame area. - Ian
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here's a pic. Thanks.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Spot on - there are only two areas of the machine that can cause this to happen the rear bearing assembly which is in the certer back and the front bearing seal. With the power off take the top off and see if the front of the drum is black on once you are happy move to the back and take the heater cover off and see if the area in the centre of the drum shaft is covered in black grease. Come back to me when you've had time to check.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks - it probably won't be until the weekend. Can we carry on this conversation then?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Yes that will be fine, come back to me when you are ready to proceed.