Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My BEKO Built-In-Oven is not working. The fan does not turn

Customer Question

My BEKO Built-In-Oven is not working. The fan does not turn and the oven doesn't heat up. Everything else works fine.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also is the clock flashing or set?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
of course. Sorry. OIF 21300. The clock is set. No lights are flashing. The red light comes on when I turn the temperature dial.

Ok if the clock is set and the red light is comming on when you select the oven then its possibley the thermal cut out at the back faulty.

You need to pull the oven out and remove the back cover and rom there locate the thermal cut out. Its about the size of a 10p and will have 2 wires going to it.

You need a multi meter and test this for contonuity. If faulty then you need to replace it and fingers crossed this cures the fault there.

Check that and see how it goes from there.

Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is the replacement part actually called? I'm having trouble finding it on the parts website?

They have it called just a thermostat on the parts website.

Click here to see the thermal cut out

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi. I have replaced the thermostat and the same issue exists. The fan does not turn and no heat is generated. Any more ideas. Is it possible I have not installed it properly?

Did you check the thermal cut out first to see if it was faulty?

So if the thermal cut out is new and its still not comming on then its either the selector switch or the timer.

Remove the top of the oven and and there you will see the selector switch.

Remove this and inspect it. Turn it over and check theres no signs of burning on the brass switching bars. If there is then the switch will need to be replaced.

But if the switch is fine as is the thermal cut out but nothing else is comming on then its possibley the timer unit at fault here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I remove the selector switch?

Pull the control knob off and then hopefully you can get at the screws holding the switch on.

But if you cannot access the screws there then you need to remove the front control panel to access these. Theres screws holding it on so remove that then you can remove the switch from there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No sign of damage in the selector switch. How do I now check the timer unit?
There no chance it could just be a dodgy fan motor? I'm guessing it would still generate heat if it was.

Im afraid you cannot test the timer as its a circuit board.

As to the fan motor even if that was the fault it should still heat unless the heater element is faulty as well.

I dont suppose you have a multi meter? If you can then test the heater and fan motor for contonuity.

Or test the fan motor and see if theres voltage there going to the fan motor when you set it going.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the oven as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this? If not then if you could rate the answer i gave that will close the question.

Many thanks