Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Dishwaher completes it's cycle but doesn't drain water. An

Customer Question

Dishwaher completes it's cycle but doesn't drain water. An old dishwasher but has worked problem free for over15 years. It is a siemens SN233
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Would you kindly give me the full ENr that is laser etched into the top of the stainless steel inner door then I can look up the specifications - Ian
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No etched number. I think it may be pre-etch model . On the guide book it has 1 739 986 907 (7311) - that is all. There are only 4 control buttons - On, Rinse dishes, hot (pots and pans 65 degrees) and glasses ( 55 degrees). It makes all the right noises but doesn't empty which makes me think that there is a blockage somewhere.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
OK firstly you will need to pull it out so that you can tip it over on its back and remove the base assembly. Take care as there will be a float switch likely bolted to the bottom. Once you are there locate the pump which will likely have a bloack rubber or grey corrigated hose connected to it - come back to me when you are at this point.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Having trouble pulling out. It may take some time
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer I must leave it until this evening. I will look at the hose to the pump and get back to you tomorrow. Is that ok?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
OK I will be back on here this evening so just ping me when you are ready.