Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

PearlJA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Prtoblem with Indesit washer dryer PWDC 8125 W. It stops mid cycle and the EasyIron/CoolWash/Spin buttons flash. Switching off and restarting produces a few seconds activity then lights flash again. Are failed capacitors on the pcb a possible cause?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Not really. I have not tried all the programs. Keith
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

Firstly tell me the following, is there water in the appliance when it stops and is it hot?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not at all hot, there is cool water inside but it only a minute or so into the cycle.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

OK do your indicater lights go from left to right or top to bottom?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Running left to right is on/off, program dial, temp, dry, delay timer non of which are illuminated. Then vertically (top to bottom) are easy iron, cool wash and spin their blue lights are flashing and then start/pause is also flashing. Spin and dry and door lock symbols are illuminated solidly.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The wash/rinse/spin/dry/rnd/door lock are top to bottom vertically
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

OK if you say number one is at the top which ones are flashing eg 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 ??

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
3 and 4
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
But they are solid on the others are flashing
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello?