Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.

If my problem is that the evaporator coil has developed a leak,

Customer Question

If my problem is that the evaporator coil has developed a leak, and you say it causes the unit to "warm up slowly", can you define that better? It has been a couple of weeks now since the unit was able to hold a temp of 35 degrees. It will warm up to about 42 or 43 degrees but then in a couple of days it will go back to 35 for a few days and then warm up again.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: the vacuum condenser light is flashing and I know the condenser has been vacuumed several times in the last 6 months
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: I am not sure if you had dealt with anyone before, but based on that issue you are having that would seem more like a control failure or possibly a dirty clogged condenser and the compressor could be overheating and shutting off not a freon leak. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!