bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

We just received our new beko asnl 551b American fridge

Customer Question

Hi, we just received our new beko asnl 551b American fridge freezer yesterday, however the water and ice dispenser doesn't seem to be working at all. I've filled the water reservoir but just isn't coming through. Can you help?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Just that the appliance is a non plumbed version.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** would you kindly let me have the product code which is on the rating label inside the appliance its a long number (ASNI551B is the model number not what I want)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There are 2 numbers on the back
5023790034159(###) ###-####
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Thank you it is the 72......... number. Firstly do you have water at the back of the fridge/freezer from the main water supply?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it's a non plumbed model, the water tank is located inside the fridge door.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK thank you that particular product code refers to a plumbed in unit - does it have a glass water tank?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it has a glass water tank.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK doing this blind - have you a lever on the front that you have to press to dispenser the water?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes but when I put a glass in to fill and press the lever I can hear the pump but nothing comes out.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK it can take up to 5 minutes to purge the air out of the system so just keep it pressed and then come back to me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, just removed the water tank and checked the pipe connection and now it seems to be bringing water through to the dispenser however still no water going to the ice maker.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
When you select ice can you hear the ice maker motor turning?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK how long have you had the ice-maker on? The other thing is that if you had no water to the water dispenser they you have no water for the ice maker either.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Since yesterday
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Understand that but you had no water coming through to the water container until just now?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, so will it take time to get through to the ice maker?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Yes and it usually takes up to 24 hours for the ice-maker to start producing ice in quantity too.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK thanks I'll let it sit for a couple of days. Thanks for your help
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
A pleasure - would you now kindly rate the advice given sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me later for further advice if needed. Thank You for using JA and have a great afternoon - Ian