Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I accidentally turned on the new smeg oven and didn't realise

Customer Question

Hi, I accidentally turned on the new smeg oven and didn't realise till about 40 minutes later at which point all the plastic still on the side trays and chromed grill insert, shelves etc were clued to the them. Is it possible to clean this off as my friend said she tried for hours with all sorts of things and there is still clumps of plastic stuck and a sticky residue. She is saying that it costs $500 to replace all the shelves and side trays etc. Can you help please? regards sonia
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! There is no cleaning product that will get the burnt parts off, it will have to be manually scraped off with a razor blade. As for the sticky residue, Goo Gone may take it off. The best is going to be a sharp razor blade and lots of time! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.