Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

There. I have a Smeg DF 612 SDX7 and I had a E6 error.

Customer Question

Hi there. I have a Smeg DF 612 SDX7 and I had a E6 error. The error seemed to clear itself but now I just have the two end lights permanently on as if it is in program interrupt and the dishwasher will not start. Can you help?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The E6 error is a drainage issue. Given the current state of operation, I suspect there is water in the base of the machine (under the tub) that is preventing a new cycle from starting. Can you inspect the area under the tub for leakage?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no water under the tub. When I raise the anti-flood float the pump works (I have tested by filling the sump with water and triggering the anti flood device).The machine is on occasion showing a E6 error and ends the programme but then I simply select another programme and it works again. I have fully inspected the machine for leaks and there are none. There is no water in the base. The machine is successfully completing full cycles. It is just on occasion that the E6 error shows. Could it be some debris somewhere?I have checked the pipes that go to the pressure switch and they are clear (blow through).I have checked the wires to see if there is any fraying and there is none.I have checked the connections and they seem secure.Not sure what else to do.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
It is likely to be the pressure switch hose is partially plugged or some other obstruction. That error is a very specific error. See the attached sheet.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Pipes are not blocked. Stuck in E6 error. How do you clear the E6 error?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
The control has to get the message from the pressure switch that it is clear. I would pour about 2 liters of white distilled vinegar in the tub and leave it powered off over night to break down any obstructions and see if it will come back to life in the morning.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Kelly,Your assistance did not help me. I appreciate that these issues are difficult to diagnose remotely. The attachment you sent was unhelpful inasmuch it did not provide any additional information. I am not sure that you have given me any advice or assistance that I was not already aware of (aside from the distilled vinegar point).I think I was overly optimistic as to what I would receive by engaging with justanswer. My expectations were high and the realisation has well below what I was expecting.In my view I was expecting a full logic based diagnosis with exploded parts diagrams and related tests; based on a full fault diagnostic schema.I am not upset or anything, after all I can hardly complain having spent £11 on this.Ho hum,Best,Mike.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Mike, I have received nothing from you, nor will I as you have not rated,. So, at this point, you have only placed a deposit with Just Answer. You did not replay back to me with results and were not at all clear that you wanted an in depth, technical answer. Most of the customers I deal with are homeowners that have no technical understanding and get upset when provided with technical information. I have no way of knowing what each customer expects, especially if I get no replies to questions I ask. I wish you the best and will place your question back to the list. Maybe another will be better suited to assist you.