Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Do you know how to clear the error code on a bosch classix6 washing ma

Customer Question

do you know how to clear the error code on a bosch classix6 washing machine ... WAE24167GB. This model does not have a digital display but instead is flashing lights.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The machine has gone into error. I have traced the fault to a power lead to the motor which worked itself adrift. This is fixed but I need to clear the error code to proceed.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Not at the moment.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
What flashing lights have you got on?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The were originally 1 3 and 6 which indicated a motor fault. I tried to clear the fault code by powering off and now have lights 1 to 5 and the wash light flashing. It was subsequent to this that I found that the power lead had become disconnected (a lose spade fitting).
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
I'm just interested in the spin lights at the moment so you have 1 & 5 ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes. All spin lights are on plus rinse hold.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I have sorted this myself ... by rotating dial progressively from 12 to 6 and holding rinse/ hold button for 5 seconds.I assume that I can get my deposit (£3) and further £8 refunded now. Would you please confirm this is the case?Thanks,Jon