Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Bosch avantixx stops dru JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell

Customer Question

bosch avantixx stops dru
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: bosch avantixx stops drying after 4 mins. washes fine
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: its a washer dryer about 4 years old
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 months ago.
Hi Can you post the full model number please. Regards
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have the manual any more. Wash + Dry Avantixx is what it says on front
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It has two drying modes. Intensive and gentle
If you open the door there will be a sticker on the inside there with the model details on it.It will start E-nr
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't think it's heating up. Just had it on a 15 min dry and it's all still cold but bit did not pause after 4 mins
Got it now thanks. What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the top panel.There you will see the dryer heater chamber on the top.Towards the front of this there will be a thermostat. Have a look on this and see if theres a red button.If so press this red button and it will reset the thermostat from there.Then retry the dryer and see how it goes from there. Hopefully its just the reset thermostat thats tripped out which is causing this fault. Check that and see what you find and let me know.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello. I've removed the top of the washer and can't see anything obvious that looks like a thermostat or red button. Should the lid come fully off as it's still attached at one corner. See photo
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was away for a few days. Looking at the picture theres the small thermostat in the center of the dryer chamber and it has 2 grey wires going to it.Press the middle of this as its not fully clear on the picture weather its a reset button but press it anyway and see if you hear click.