Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Diplomat gas oven shuts down due to possible overheating when

Customer Question

Diplomat gas oven shuts down due to possible overheating when oven is over gas mark 5
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Fan has been replaced. Grill doesn't turn fan on and when oven is on high setting it shuts off until it's cooled down
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Model is ADP0544
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The fan should turn on with the grill so I suspect an issue with the grill switch if the fan works during regular baking cycles. The fan does work with the other baking cycles, yes?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The fan turns slowly during switch on (oven) then appears to correctly speed up. To use the grill I therefore need the oven on. So even if the fan switch is defective, it does not explain the oven shutting down when it overheats,the display goes off for 15 minutes or so.