Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The machine starts, i.e. the water goes in, stars then it stops

Customer Question

The machine starts, i.e. the water goes in, stars then it stops with the pause light flashing.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The machine is an EWD 14091. I put the washing in, set it for 30C pressed start. It started, water and washing powder goes in then the programme stops and the pause light starts flashing.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The last time I used the machine it was with the drying function.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Do any error codes come up and can you give me the product code or pnc from the rating label in the door frame.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error codes show, product code is###-##-####00
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK now need you to put it on spin and tell me if the motor spins?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Put it on spin, pressed the button, continuous light for about 5secs then reverted to flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't spin
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK has your model got an on/off button or is that part of the program selector switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a separate on on/off button and an off button as part of the selector dial
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
You'll have to give me a moment to get the test procedure out.