Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Front load washer progresses through all cycles with no problem

Customer Question

Front load washer progresses through all cycles with no problem but will not go into spin cycle. After spin cycle time is up it then progresses into distribution normally and completes.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
If you put it on a spin cycle with no clothes in will it then spin ? Secondly what is the make and model of your washing machine please? - Ian
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It will not spin on spin cycle without clothes. It is a Frigidare. Model #LTF2140ES0
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK so all it does is just distribute but not spin ? If so it is likely to be the door switch that is faulty --###-##-####
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The door switch does lock. Does that mean it's still faulty?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
There is an extra lock during spin to stop there being any chance that the door could fly open. I am somewhat confused as to why the appliance will not spin empty?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm confused too. I tried the drain/spin cycle one more time without clothes. The door locks & dr lock light comes on. The drain function works as it should but the drum will not spin. Door remains locked. when the drain pump quits, there is a brief pause and then the drum turns back and forth in distribution with door remaining locked. After cycle ends, door unlocks and cycle completion alarm sounds as normal. Could this be something with the control?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Its either the control or the motor - give me a few minutes to check what type of motor is in use on this model?