bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Can I remove the plastic evaporator from the top of the Embraco

Customer Question

Can I remove the plastic evaporator from the top of the Embraco emx20clc motor for cleaning it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The plastic evaporating tray on the top of the motor has got a lot of cream in it from a carton of spilt cream inside the fridge can I remove the plastic receptacle from the motor to clean it out
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No the fridge is working ok except for that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Its abit of a messy and difficult job, it is clipped onto the top of the compressor by two plastic fingers down the centre of the defrost tray. What you have to do is gently pull it backwards whilst at the same time wiggling it from side to side ie pull on the left side of the tray and then on the right side until it unclips itself. Dont pull to hard or you will break the fingers off. If that happens come back to me and I'll tell you what to do next - Ian
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Do you require further assistance - if not would you kindly rate the information given so that I can shut the job down on the system. Thanks for using JA and have a great day - Ian