Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Samsung American style fridge freezer model RS21

Customer Question

I have a Samsung American style fridge freezer model RS21 DCNS. When the fridge door is open the lights are on full glow but when you press the light switch the lights go to a partial glow and there is a clicking sound coming from the back panel
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The light switch circuit is shorted on the main control board and will need to be replaced. CLICK HERE You will need to phone them with serial number to get the correct control. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I put a board out of an identical fridge that was working ok but it was just the same. So I put the original board into the other fridge and it ran normal
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
So something beyond the board but in the light circuit is shorted. I would look for a pinched wire or issues with the door switch.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.