Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an in-built un-dw655fi dishwasher. When I turn it on,

Customer Question

I have an in-built un-dw655fi dishwasher. When I turn it on, the first two lights on the cycle panel (heavy duty & normal wash) flash
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: As I say, the first two (out of seven) lights flash and the machine beeps. I assume that indicates some kind of fault
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Like what? It was working fine yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
OK looking at it from above with led 1 on the left and led 5 on the right which leds are flashing?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There are seven LEDs and it is the first two (heavy duty and normal wash)
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
How many actual program leds have you got?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
The reason I am asking is that this is a Chinese built appliance likely built by Haier built for Teka but I need to try and work out which Haier model it is.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There are 7 wash cycle leds
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Heavy duty, normal wash, light wash, glassware, rapid wash, soak and heat wash
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
OK you'll have to leave this with me and I'll see if I can get some info on it tomorrow when I get to work - no point in giving you a call until I have things in hand - Ian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've just seen on another website that these machines are prone to problems if they produce too many suds (although this is for 4 or 5 LEDs lit, indicating that the overflow tray is full).
Perhaps I should mention that I recently changed from Finish to Fairy Platinum tabs
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
I have the fault code listing for the 4/5 leds which was why the original questions. We can do it old school if you want to give it a try whilst I find out more information. I use Fairy tabs to and find them better than Finish so I dont think it will be that. Are you able to take off the kickstrip from the front and shine a torch into the base ie under the wash cavity and tell me if you have any water in there?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
I'm going to accept the phone request otherwise another expert may take it up and then I get locked out. If we dont have the call I will make sure you get a credit for it - is that OK?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've taken the kick strip off but I can't see into the base. There are 2 plastic covers but when I remove them, there is just a felt pad behind them
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
You can move that out of the way it is only sound deadening material, If you move it sideways you should be able to shine a torch in and look for water?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've been trying to move the felt pad to one side without damaging it too much. I can only see one corner of the overflow tray, but I can't see any waterline- either it's empty or completely full
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
Power off and fingers in