Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

E9 appears on my worchester 40cdi boiler, once reset is pressed

Customer Question

e9 appears on my worchester 40cdi boiler, once reset is pressed the boiler starts up again.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The boiler is working perfectly normally, then it will stop, e9 appears, and rest stars it again
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The E9 error means it is getting too hot. It could be a venting issue, air in the lines, a blockage, any number of things. Since this can be safety issue, I would highly recommend you have it professionally looked at.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.