Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Replace bosch temperature limiter in tumble dryer JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

Replace bosch temperature limiter in tumble dryer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Tumble dryer trips off after less than 60sec
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Also when you say it trips off is it tripping the electrics? Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model wtv74105gb/15- no sorry- doesnt trip electrics just knocks itsel off- safety shutoff i think.
Ok so does the display go completety blank?Are you getting any flashing lights from it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No flashing lights- complete shut off then powers back up 10 seconds later
Ok this may sound like a stupid question but have you tried running the dryer from another plug socket?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, but was working fine 2 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just trying different socket- same results- shuts down.
Ok if it does the same in another plug socket then try this and see what happens. Remove the heater cover on the back of the dryer to expose the heater and disconnect the wiring to it.Then run the dryer and see if it still does the same. If it does then its going to be the main control board at fault here as you have alreaady replaced the NTC sensor and disconnected the heater so this just leaves the control board. As the motor wont cause this fault as if the motor fails then it just wont turn rather then cut the display out. Im afraid this is looking like the control board in there will be the cause of the problem here. Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I havent replaced anything yet- had trouble finding sensor.
Ok strange as at the top of your first question it says ''Replace bosch temperature limiter in tumble dryer'' So have you not replaced the sensors then?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, forgot to include how to!!!!! Sorry! I wasnt sure how to findvsensor and replace!!!
Ok no worries. To be honest this isnt looking like a sensor fault anyway. As if a sensor fails then you get certain lights comming on the front panel not the complete panel turning off. Im afraid if its doing this its looking like the control board is the issue rather then the NTC sensor.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So not a diy fix then?!!!
Yes if you want to replace the board you can as they come programmed up so its a stright forward swap over. Its just not a cheap fix im afraid.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.
Hi Just wondering how you got on with the dryer as the question is still open.Do you still need help on this?If so just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great. Many thanks