Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I've got a Siemens iQ300 dishwasher which is showing up Error

Customer Question

I've got a Siemens iQ300 dishwasher which is showing up Error 24. Do you know what this means?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i'm not in front of the dishwasher (it is at another property) -- all I know is the error code 24.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no, other than the fact that the dishwasher is in the kitchen basement of a house which has had plumbing/drainage problems with the sink beside it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
Give me a moment whilst I grab the information - could you in the meantime give me the full ENr that is laser etched in the top of the stainless steel door please - Ian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will have to ask the person who is living in the property. It might take a day or so. Thanks Ian.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
No worries - come back to me when you have it to hand and we can take it further and try and sort out your problem.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok, will do. Thank you.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
A pleasure
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The number is *****
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
OK E24 is a drainage related problem, when the error appeared was the appliance full or empty of water?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know. I will find out.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
OK look forward to your response - Ian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They cannot remember it was so long ago. But they keep running the short 15 minute cycle and it keeps coming up with the code E24 half way through, so presumably when there is water in there.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
OK what they need to do is switch the appliance one set a program and press the start, then tell me if they can hear the drain pump whirring and water going down the drain,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Leave it with me.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.
OK I'm here for the rest of the evening
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Apparently there's a light whirring but no drain sound!
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.
OK get them to pour hot water into the sump area of the wash cavity and then start it up again and tell me if it pumps out the water?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, will do. Thanks.