bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

AEG Electrolux Favorit Silence Plus Dishwasher: won't start. JA:

Customer Question

AEG Electrolux Favorit Silence Plus Dishwasher: won't start.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: PN:###-##-####02
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: There was water at the bottom, I removed it, removed a couple of olive kernels in the well, but that didn't do the trick. The electrics work, in that the lights come on etc., but no action follows the selection of any cycle. No humming noise, nothing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Does it pump out the water shortly after you have started it before it stops
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. Nothing mechanical happens at all. The lights come on; I press "reset"; choose any cycle, and nothing happens. Not even the little "click" that tells you the door is being locked.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
How are you with using hand tools and checking the electrics?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not very good I'm afraid.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK I think you have done everything that you can do without putting yourself in danger of electrocution so I would suggest you get in an engineer - you may end up doing more damage to the appliance trying to find out what is wrong when an engineer would know what to look for.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ah. Shame, that. OK, will get someone in. Thanks for the help.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
No worries.