Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

My zanussi washer Zwi 1432w has stopped working JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Hi my zanussi washer Zwi 1432w has stopped working
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: A couple of nights ago it started making noises by itself. It had finished a wash about 6 hours previously.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Now the on/off button will light up but none of the other lights will work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.
Hi If the on/off light is comming on but the other lights are not then its usually the main control board has failed which causes this. What you can try first if you are able to is remove the top panel of the washer.There you will see the main control board on the right hand side.On there in the middle is a small wiring harness going from the main board trough the front panel to the front control board. Disconnect this wiring block and refit it a few times as this can make a better connection.Then plug it back in and see what happens from there. If still no power then remove the control board and then remove the casing on the back and check for signs of burning on there. If it has blown then the board will need to be replaced and more then likely the door lock as well. As its very common on these for the door lock to fail and this blows the main control board. But it can also take out the front display board and the electronic pressure sensor. As when the door lock blows it can take out anything with an electronic circuit board in there as we see this quite often on these Zanussi washers. So check the above and see how it goes. But im afraid from the fault you describe this is looking like the door lock and main control board at fault at the very least here. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 months ago.
Hi Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.Do you still need help on this?If so just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great. Many thanks