Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Zanussi ZWD1471S - Washing maching works fine, but the tumble

Customer Question

Zanussi ZWD1471S - Washing maching works fine, but the tumble dryer doesn't. It starts the drying program, but it only runs for about three minutes without getting at all warm, and then the time drops to zero and it thinks it has finished. Can you help please?
A while ago it was giving E20 errors on drying too, but I have replaced the triple solenoid fill valve which seems to have resolved that problem. I have repeatedly checked the filter at the bottom right-hand side of the machine, but there is rarely much, if anything in there.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer:Turn it off.Close the door.Press and hold together the start button and the button to the left of it.While holding them, turn the dial 1 click clockwise. The leds will flash, release the buttons. now turn the dial a further 10 positions clockwise. The end of cycle light will flash, count the flashes, let me know how many.The start light will flash, let me know how many flashes.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have a dial, just buttons...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can send you a photo of the controls, if that would help?
Sure that may help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
See photo - buttons only ;-)
Let me see if another expert is more familiar with this unit. Just wait for a reply from them do not respond back to this.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Hi good evening my name is ***** ***** in the UK - can you give me the pnc (product code) which is on the rating label in the door area - this is not the Model Number. There are two versions of this model so need to know which one we are dealing with.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Model: ZWD1471S, Type: P6348480, Ser No: 61700146, Prod No###-##-####00
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Many thanks for that is the later version from 2006 on - OK lets deal with the E20 first, this indicates that there is a problem with the drain pump or its ability to pump out the water be it in wash or drying phase. However a problem with the heater can also throw up this error. Now before we go much further are you at all familiar with electrical test equipment such as a mains tester or multimeter?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, not at all.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It may be worth reiterating that I haven't seen the E20 error in a while, not since I replaced the Triple solenoid valve...
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK in that case I would suggest that you get an engineer in, it is likely that you have a problem with either the dryer heater, the ventilator connected to it or the drive motor. All these items require the use of a multimeter to test. If you dont have one and dont know how to test out the components you end up changing things that are functioning correctly.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok, thanks.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
A pleasure.