johnnn40, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I've repaired domestic and commercial appliances for 25+ years. I'm now working in a large kitchen.

E 1 is showing on my belling dishwasher what do I do

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 5 months ago.
Will you please send me the model number, so I can find the necessary technical information I need to assist you? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ida 604 Hazel
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 5 months ago.
The washer control board senses a water leak. The usual cause for this is that the drain hose has slipped too far into the drain pipe, and water is being siphoned out of the tub, while the machine is trying to keep the water level maintained. Try pulling the drain line out of the drain pipe, until the E1 error code disappears, when you start the wash cycle. If doing this doesn't solve the problem, please let me know, and we'll pursue the solution further.Using the expert's rating scale, located at the top of your screen, please click on the star that best reflects your satisfaction with my answer. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.