bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a Candy GOC 580C tumble dry. Afer about 20-25 mins

Customer Question

I have a Candy GOC 580C tumble dry. Afer about 20-25 mins all lights start flashing and 2 -3 mins after that it stops. Clothes obviously are still wet and cold.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 7 months ago.
It's likely that there's a lint blockage in the vent hose, or the vent pipe. Check, also, the vent cap on the outside of the house, for spider webs loaded with lint. The dryer is shutting down, because the drum area is getting over heated, which sensed by the control board.If I can give you more assistance, please get back to me. Using the expert's rating scale, located at the top of your screen, please click on the star that best reflects your satisfaction with my answer. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My dryer is a condenser so there's no hose.
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 7 months ago.
I don't have that much experience with condenser dryers. I'll opt out to allow another expert to respond to your request.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Two questions - does it actually heat up when in use and secondly can you give me the product code that is in the door frame on the label - this is not the model number.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, it is not heating up. Product code 3110039310310716
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK the first thing that you need to do is find out if the heater at the back is faulty and if the elements are intact and the thermal cutouts have continuity.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay.....so I have to call out an engineer.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
I think if you are not happy with using hand tools and meters to check for power at the heater then yes I guess that is the best course of action. If you need me to recommend and engineer in your area just let me have your postcode and I will let you have the details of a couple that cover your area - in the meantime would you rate the help given sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. do come back to me if you need further help. - Ian
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good morning....If it is something I can do myself I'll do it - I have no issues with tools etc I will just need instruction.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK we can do this slowly a bit at a time - lets start off by doing the visual stuff first - unplug the appliance and get it it a place that you can comfortably get around it.