Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.

Pearl. I incidentally left my Whirlpool akz456/IX oven on

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I incidentally left my Whirlpool akz456/IX oven on overnight. the following morning the display showed OFF. Since then it will turn on but won't heat
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have turned it off at the wall and I have reset by turning the device to off and off at the wall and followed the instructions around it saying stop but it's still cold
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: If neither the bake or broil elements work you need to check the thermal limit on the machine. There should be a thermal fuse on the back oven cavity when you remove the back panel on the oven. That may have burned out if it was left on that long. Other than that check the power to the unit and make sure you have full power to the unit. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!