Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

My Neff dishwasher is not cleaning the dishes correctly, arms

Customer Question

My Neff dishwasher is not cleaning the dishes correctly, arms are free, water appears to be plentiful
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Top drawer dishes not washing correctly , bottom slightly better, cleaned all filters, having a look inside when its operating and water coming out of arms but not spinning
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No I think that's all, it's either a water blockage or lack of water pressure or something else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Can you give me the full ENr please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Neff dishwasher, last month crockery in upper chamber have not been cleaning, bottom chamber is slightly better but not perfect. I suspect arms are not rotating allowing a good water flow. I also note that sometimes the soap tablet pocket although open is not dispersing the soap and left half used.
So is it worn arms, not enough water flow?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Firstly not too likely that it is worn arms, more likely too little water, faulty circulating pump or no heating. First thing to do is to start off the appliance and allow it to pump out and then start to circulate the water. Then open the door add more water manually and then close the door. Let it run for a minute or so and then open the door and see if the spray bars are spinning properly now. Come back to me when you have done this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have run an empty cycle, any time we are opening the door the arms are not spinning although we do see water coming out of the bottom arm. The water has been hot as all components within are hot to touch.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
I need you to add water to the appliance to about a quarter of an inch or 12mm above the base level, the lack of water will cause the spray bars not to rotate but not tell me if the circulating pump is working when short of water.