bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

E6 keeps coming up on my induction hob and the power will not

Customer Question

E6 keeps coming up on my induction hob and the power will not commence
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I switch the hob on and then the ring. It stays on for 2 seconds and then E6 shows and the power cuts out not allowing me to cook at all
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have paid now when can I expect an answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Could I have the make and model of you hob please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AEG 68001KF-N
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Could I also ask for the pnc or product code which is also on the rating label as its an AEG
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I receive further info please
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Can I have the pnc please, then I can look up the specific model details, there are 5 versions of that model.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
It is an 11 digit number starting 94959..........
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is###-##-####
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Can you recheck that it is not coming up as a recognised pnc on the AEG engineers website.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the correct model no. It was installed in 2007
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK E6 is a strip down of the appliance do you have electronic/electrical experience and a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we don't. I guess we call the service agent?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
E6 indicates that there is a problem with either a temperature sensor or its connection to the control board but it is not just limited to this so in your case I would suggest you call out and engineer with the necessary technical equipment Would you now kindly rate the information given (to allow you to move forward) by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. This allows me to shut the job down on the system. Thank you for using JA and have a great day.