bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

My name is ***** *****. My fan in my aspen oven isn't working

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** *****. My fan in my aspen oven isn't working. I have tried a fuse but ok and even tried a new element but still not workjnh
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Fan not working. Oven getting.hot
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've already paid
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Have you got power going to the fan motor?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not sure. power to element yes and also fitted new element. How do I check fan
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Thats the first thing to do, check that you have power to fan motor and come back to me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do i do that?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
You need to use a mans tester or multimeter to check that power is getting to the fan motor. If you dont know how to do it do you have a friend who is familiar with electrical test equipment?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will a voltage testers work?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Yes that will work fine - does it give some indication of the voltage it is able to test?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am have 2 "screwdriver" voltage testers. Ones 100v and other is 250v. Do I need to take back off oven? And where abouts do I need to test point ?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK they are not going to work as they only measure one side of the fan electric supply you need something like this as a bare minimum -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Pen-Type-Multimeter-LCD-NCV-Detector-Non-contact-DC-AC-Voltage-Tester-/121807236682?hash=item1c5c46ee4a:g:J~4AAOSwT5tWJuVN -- you likely can get one less complex than this from radio shack or ACE hardware but you need to be able to check both terminals on the fan.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Do you require further assistance, if not would you kindly rate the information given sofar so that I can shut the job down on the system. Many thanks - Ian