Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Pearl, I have a Neff s54m45x1gb/10 dishwasher and there

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a Neff s54m45x1gb/10 dishwasher and there is power to the machine, but the power lights don't come on. What can I do to resolve the problem?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When I press the power button, nothing happens at all. I have tried using another power point to check the power source, but it still doesn't work
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I wish I could tell you more
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** the first thing you are going to have to do is actually establish if you have got any power in the appliance. Do you have a means of testing to see if you have any? A basic voltage meter or neon screwdriver will do at this point.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ian, thanks for your response. I am experiencing issues trying to get the unit out to test the back at present, pipes not long enough to pull integrated appliance out. Thank you for your time, I'll leave it for another day...
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK come back to me if you need further help, you can check the power from the front without removing it by the way.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ian, where can I check the power at the front?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
You have to take off the wooden door and then the lower metal door behind it (sometimes they will come off together. Then undo the control panel (black plastic panel in upper door area) once you can fold this back at the left you can see the on/off switch. You need to see if you have power going to this switch. Copy and paste - spare parts and diagrams and look at pages 1 and 2 then item you are looking for is part 0102 on page 1
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Take careful note and pictures if you can, remember you have to put it all back together too.