Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My lamona hja 8362 dishwasher has stopped draining.

Customer Question

***** *****, my lamona hja 8362 dishwasher has stopped draining. I've checked the filters and they're clear. Can you help please?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Good evening. After the wash cycle the bottom of the dishwasher is full of water. I've tried holding the cancel button for 3 seconds hoping that it would drain but all I could hear was 3 distinct clicks from the bottom of the machine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If the pump is not starting, it is probably a connection issue or the pump is faulty. Do you hear any humming or buzzing with the clicks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I didn't hear any humming.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I would look closely at the wiring to the drain pump. I suspect there is a break in the wires between the controller and the pump motor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kelly, do I need to remove the inspection cover at the front to access the wires?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The entire front door panel will probably need to be removed to get to the wiring for inspection.