Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

It's ***** *****. I Have a zanussi zwg1120m which gives error

Customer Question

It's ***** *****. I Have a zanussi zwg1120m which gives error code e30 when I turn it on but will start. I have blown down the pressure switch tube and that is clear. It sti Stops with water in the drum but will drain if I turn off and on again. Sometimes all power goes from the controls when it is on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: All I have above now
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you answer this direct please
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** you give me the 11 numeric pnc code on the rating label inside the door please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Type is 12601e/tel. Product code###-##-####
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Serial 00804101
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Thanks just checking
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I now seem to have cleared the error code but it just stops early in wash with everything dead . I have to turn off for a few minutes for it to start again.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
E30 is a fault with the door lock, the cables between the door lock and the main pcb or the main pcb itself. First check that the door is closing properly, then check the connections are sound between the door lock and the main pcb. If that looks OK I would be changing the door lock first - would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done all further information requests are free of charge so come back to me if you have further queries. I'm here most of the day. Thank you for using JA and have a great day - Ian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I found e30 as door lock on another site although yours says pressure switch on another question. I did clean the terminals which is what probably made it go but everything still stops and power goes dead. Is that linked to the door lock.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
E30 is directly from the Zanussi service manual for you actual model. Cleaning the terminals won't make it work if the door lock is faulty. If you have continuity from the cable connectors at the door lock to the pcb then 90% of the time it will be a door lock fault. The machine tries to lock the door 6 times and then defaults out to this error code -- this has nothing to do with the pressure switch on your appliance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It no longer says e30 and the screen does say the door is locked and start to work. Would the display go blank rather than say e30. Would the door lock shut everything down.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Power goes to the main pcb and then from the pcb down to the door lock and back to the pcb so if you have a faulty/or worn lock this would happen. It may work for the time but if it was me I would change the door lock so not to get stuck in the near future.