Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Our aeg hob is child locked - tried the + and - together,

Customer Question

Hello!
Our aeg hob is child locked - tried the + and - together, then try and press - subsequently but it just turns off.
When I press the + and - together I get the letter E r 0 3 (which turns off as soon as I take my finger off the - button).
Please help!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Can you give me the model number and the pnc or product code for your hob please - Ian
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
B5741-4-M
PNC 944 185 303
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Photo
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Photos
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just to be clear I have been pressing the - and + front right, then the - again as directed in a previous post.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
... without success.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Straight out of the service manual for your model - - To activate and deactivate the child-safety function, the MODE button (=Timer button) must be activated together with the „„Minus“ button, or, with appliances featuring a Temperature Selection Switch, this must be put into the „Minus“ position when activating the MODE button (=Timer button). Unfortunately there are three versions of you model all with different electronics so hopefully this will work. I have requested a handbook as the other two versions do not list Error 03 - Ian
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Would you kindly check the pnc you have given me above, this relates to a built in single oven not an AEG hob ??