Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

My aga gas stove lower left compartment is not heating.

Customer Question

Hello my aga gas stove lower left compartment is not heating. The fan works but no heat
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. What is the make and complete model? Also is it electric or gas?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Aga S series 6 -4 gas hub
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
An impressive piece of equipment - can I assume that it is the electric fan oven that is causing the problem? - Ian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had checked The fan and it was working but no heat.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Understood, in this case it is likely to be the fan oven element that is faulty - to change the element do the following --To do the fan oven element,firstly arm yourself with a clothes peg and if you can a long pozi drive screwdriver, start by undoing the runners then the side plates will come out now you can remove the T/stat phial and the back plate, the element as you will see is held in place with 3 screws Check and see if you can see any distorsiong, splits or just plain melted sections if you do will need a replacement for sure. If you have an early 6-4 the three screws are easy to get at, the later element is a little thicker so the bottom screw is not so easy to fit whilst flat on your stomach and arms full stretch. When you undo the screws be careful when you pull it through as the wires are not long enough for an easy change over so as you are pulling them clear put the clothes peg on them as if they disappear through the hole and you cannot fish them back you will be dismantling half the cooker to get the wires back through. - the element looks like that in the link below - Ian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can this procedure be done from the front without moving the oven
Because it is recessed in a very tough spot and I can't pull it out without potentially breaking the Granit counter top
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Yes it can but as I said the most important part of this is to keep control of the wires as you take them off the back of the old heater and not only note there positions on the element but stop them from slipping behind the fixing plate.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating at the top of the page. Once done all further information requests are free of charge but I can shut the job down ont he screen. Come back to me if you need further help as the call will be routed back to my desk. Thank you for using JA and have a great day - Ian