Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch BDW46 and it has suddenly stopped working

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bosch BDW46 and it has suddenly stopped working properly. I have checked the filter and cleaned it thoroughly. If I fill the machine with water manually it drains away. It is stuck on a cycle and keeps whirring intermittently as if it's trying to do something. I cannot perform a reset or turn it off with the buttons so I have to switch it off at the wall. Yesterday I managed to get it out of the cycle and into rinse at which point it was working correctly. Once that cycle finished, I managed to switch it to the 70 degree cycle and the whirring and flashing tap have come back. Please help!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.
Hi When you get this fault most of the time its water has leaked into the base and has activated the flood switch in the base. What you need to do is pull the appliance out and lie it on its back as this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a towel for that part. Once the water is out stand it up right and retry it on a cycle and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed its a one off over fill that caused this and it will be fine. But if it happens again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. Regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The appliance is integrated and I'm a girl 😩😩😩😩😩. Is there any way to fix this without removing the machine?
What you can try but this doesnt always work is remove the wooden kick board at the bottom of the kitchen.Then look at the bottom and on some models there a metal cover running across the bottom.Make sure you remove the plug for the appliance and then remove that cover. Now you can use a sponge and soak the water up from the base and try it that way. But even this way you need some tools to be able to remove the covers. But if you cannot do it that way then im afraid it will need to be pulled out. As nearly all repairs the appliance will need to be removed to acces it, Sorry.