Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I'm Zac. I have an old Bosch SMS3057 dishwasher which works

Customer Question

Hi I'm Zac. I have an old Bosch SMS3057 dishwasher which works very well except that the timer stops at around 23 minutes to (ie just past half way round). If you nudge it on the cycle completes with everything clean and dry. I am an engineer and familiar with the principals but not the details of this machine. I can no longer find a replacement timer but in any case I suspect the motor has stopped intentionally and is waiting for a sensor signal that is not forthcoming (water level, water temperature, or something). Rather than take the whole machine to pieces and investigate everything, I was hoping someone who is familiar with this machine would know by the position in the program, what sensor the timer is waiting for and where it is likely to be located. Are you able to help or otherwise would you know if it is possible to get hold of a service manual or even a schematic?
JA: No. I'm the Appliance Technician's Assistant.
Customer: Ah. Any pointers then? Many thanks, Zac
JA: Sometimes, Zac, appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No I think that probably covers it. Thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! When it stops, does the entire thing quit running? Does the water seem to be hot and steamy when it stops?