Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.
21107370

We have a Kenmore dishwasher Model No. 665.17609301, Quick

Customer Question

We have a Kenmore dishwasher Model No. 665.17609301, Quick Rinse red button flashes and does not cancel, so cannot activate other buttons and any other functions.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: That is likely a bad touchpad, if you turn the power off the unit for a full minute and then turn it back on and that still happens you need a new touchpad for sure. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Yes I am here your message never came to me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How about a fix, Guru, even a temporary one!
There really is no temporary fix for a bad touchpad as it is a membrane and not repairable. You just need to replace it. You can try heating it up with a hairdryer, but it will need to be replaced. PLease rate my service though if you can before leaving as that is the only way I receive credit through the site.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
A temporary fix will get us out of trouble for now, so where do we play the hairdryer across the top of the door on the outside where the switches are visible? Or where else? Wait for your replay ASAP Thanks.
Just across the touchpad, there is no guarantee this will work if not you will need the part. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!