Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Indesit washing machine iwme126 water won't drain flashing

Customer Question

Indesit washing machine iwme126 water won't drain flashing green lights 2 and 4 and door lock flashing. I have checked the filter and removed coins it is spinning but water still not draining
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Tried switching off and leaving but still not working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.
Hi When you set the washer to a spin only do you hear the pump humming?If you leave the filter out and set it to a spin look at the pump impeller at the back inside the pump were the filter goes and see if this is blocked up. If its clear see if its spinning round when set to a spin and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Already done that and it is spinning - yes pump hums
Ok so the pump is spinning round when set to a spin is that what you mean? or its spinning round when you turn it yourself?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes when I set to spin
Ok if its spinning round itself during the spin then the pump is fine. So for this fault it will be a blockage if the water isnt draining out. First thing to check is the waste hose and were it drains to. If the hose goes under a sink then remove the hose and the spigot it pushes onto and check theres nothing stuck in there blocking it. If thats all clear then you need to pull the washer out and make sure the water is out of the washer.Then lie it on its back and there you will see the black hose going from the drum to the pump.Remove this hose and clear out any debris in there and that should cure it. As for the pump to run but not drain the water out then it will be a blockage in either the waste pipe or the black sump hose. So see what you find and if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Washing machine is integrated can't see the hose going to sink - there is a cover at the top of washing machine holding it in - how do I get it off ?
Normally intergrated washers are just pushed under the units just like a free standing washer so they are not usually screwed in unless you fitter screwed it in for some reason. Normally all you need to do is remove the bot***** *****en kick board at the bottom of the kithen then open the door and hold the front of the washer at the top and pull it out from under the units there. Once its out you should be able to see were the hoses are going to from there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There are 2 hoses under the sink one is ribbed and the other grey and rubber - ribbed one attached with jubilee clip and rubber one has a green top thing neither are easy to get to - which one should I remove ?
The waste hose is a grey ribbed hose. If it has a jubliee clip then you need to loose this and remove it from the spigot. Or just unscrew the spigot first and check it isnt blocked in there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Need a hand to take machine out will need to wait till Wednesday to try thanks for help - can I contact you again then ?
No worries thats fine. Yes you can still get back to me on this as you will have an email so click the link on there and you will come back to me. Also if you could remember to rate the answer as well and that way i can sent up an auto response to you to see how you got on with it as thats another way to do this as well.
Hi Just wondering how you got on with the washer? Regards