Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

When i press the button to light the oven the gas comes on

Customer Question

when i press the button to light the oven the gas comes on but when i release the button the gas cuts off
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the problem started at tea time when my mum went to cook here tea
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: thats all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Can you post the make and model number please. Regards
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
stoves newhome s1500tc
Thanks for that. So as to the fault if the oven lights but goes out once you let go of the control knob then its usually the FFD (flame failuer device). What you can try first is empty the oven and look at the burner at the back.There make sure theres nothing thats fallen down in there.Give that a clean out and see how it goes from there. But if its still the same after that then the FFD device will need to be replaced in there and that will cure the fault you have, Regards
Can you please keep to the same thread for this please as if you keep opening new questions for each reply it will keep chargeing you for that so keep to this and you only get charged the once. As to the ffd when you say thats ok how did you test it?