Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Neff V5340xgb/06 doesn't discharge the water. I have checked

Customer Question

My Neff V5340xgb/06 doesn't discharge the water. I have checked the waste pipe and blown air through it when the inspection cover over the pump is open at the front and no problem. I used the pipe at the fron to empty the water.
There is no error code showing.
The discharged water has something like sand in it.
Could there be an internal blockage ?
The impeller turns but has slight resistance every quarter turn, which I think is good
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
With the filter removed can you see the pump impeller spinning fast when on a pump out or spin?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Can you confirm that this is an existing connection or have you just connected the appliance to the drain, if the latter is it connected to a spigot under the sink rather than a standard downpipe?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The machine has been in place for 2 years working well
The hose is connected to a sink outlet at a height almost equal to that of the machine
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK let me explain how we are going to do this, its going to be abit messy and you will need a washing up bowl and some towells. Firstly remove the hose from under the sink and place it in the bowl and then empty a kettle of hot water into the washing machine drum ~ then do a pump out and see if water goes into the bowl - would it make life easier if we had a phone conversation?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes and you can call 07785 504001
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Give me a couple of hours as I am working and out on the road will give you a call after 5-30
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK can you give me the product code that is on the rating label - this allows me to look up your specific version of that model - Thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Forget that I've just spotted it earlier.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
OK I can call you if you are available?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
await your cal
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Give me a couple of hours and I will call you - out on the road at the moment.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have opened up the machine and run the rinse cycle and with the wast pipe discharging into a shower tray at ground level.
It discharges the water without retaining it in the drum.
while all open would appreciate a call on *********** thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have now run the machine with the waste at "normal height" and the water stayed in the drum and has been discharged at the right time.
I had "squeezed" the black rubber chamber / sump below the drum several times. Could there have been a blockage or the waste pipe blocked / squeezed ? I would appreciate a call to make sure before I reassemble and put back.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have found a coin in the outlet pipe under the sink the waste pipe is connected to - so only when properly connected to the waste is there a noticeable blockage.This has now been cleared and the machine is running.
Still not heard anything from you.
Kind regards,