Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a F-08 fault on my hotpoint wf860 and was wondering

Customer Question

I have a F-08 fault on my hotpoint wf860 and was wondering how to resolve it.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the machine starts cycle ok and stops approx. 5 mins into wash with F-08 fault displayed on LED screen. We have then moved it onto the next stage of the wash ie rinse and it starts to do everything and then stops again 5 mins later.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** F08 indicates that there is a problem heating the water, this can be either the heater, the thermistor (this electronically measures the water temperature the wiring or finally the main pcb. First place to check is the heater.