Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Its ***** ***** I have a problem with a kenwood fan oven

Customer Question

hi, its ***** ***** I have a problem with a kenwood fan oven
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a kenwood k480 range cooker , two ovens side by side. the main oven rear element wasn't heating up, i bought a new one a replaced but is still not working \
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK first things first do you have some means of testing to see if you have electric at certain points in the appliance?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no, i don't have a meter
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK this is going to be difficult for you without one or certainly a cheap tester that can check out the continuity of the cables, the power goes into the appliance through various cut-outs, via a selector switch and then a thermostat before reaching the heating element. Without a means of checking the wiring you are just guessing - it may well be that the original element was OK and something else is faulty?