Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My name is***** zanussi is not spinning correctly at

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** zanussi is not spinning correctly at 1600, the clothes are still soaking wet. I have tried resetting & obtained error code EF5 but the reset has not worked
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Kaly. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Not spinning fast at 1600 speed. I have completed the reset but still not spinning at high speed, only at slow speed although 1600 is highlighted
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
Can you give me the pnc number on the rating label in the door frame please. Many thanks - Ian
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Product no.###-##-####00
Model ZWF16581W
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you still there Ian?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
Yes just grabbing a cuppa - first thing to do is to check that the drain pump filter is not blocked. You should have a towel or bowl hand to catch an water that comes out - Ian
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not blocked
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
OK if you put it onto spin/pump out can you see the pump impeller going around fast? You will need the filter out to look inside the filter housing.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry do u mean the drum? It spins but not fast
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
No you should have a drain pump filter at the front right hand side (small flap at the bottom) whilst the filter may be clear it doesn't mean that the pump is actually spinning to pump out the water. If the pump isn't turning then the water is not discharged and the washing machine will not spin at full speed. So filter out, then put the appliance onto spin and check that (might need a torch here) that the actual impeller (propeller if you like) is actually spinning really fast.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it's not spinning at all
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hopefully u can see attached photo. The drain pump (on left) is not spinning and water has been emptied
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It has just started to spin fast however the pump is not spinning?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
OK in this case you have one of the following three faults -a. The pump is faulty.b. Something has got jammed around the pump impeller and is stopping it spinningc. There is no electric reaching the pump.how are you with hand tools and are you happy to have a go at taking the pump out?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is electric as it is spinning as normal, fast at 1600 speed. If the pump is faulty it wouldn't spin?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
OK lets recap - is the pump spinning or not? I'm not worried about the drum I just need to know if the pump is spinning when the washer is either on pump out or spin.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nope the pump wasn't moving at all. Did u manage to open the picture? Just checking we are talking about the same thing - is the pump the grey object on left?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
No looking at the picture the pump filter housing cap is the big circular thing that you can unscrew on the right. With a towel to hand you should be able to unscrew the cap and remove the filter. At the back of the filter housing is where the pump is fitted and you should be able to see its impeller (propeller) if you look down inside the pump housing.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It looks fine, as it was spinning fast I'm presuming it is ok. Just going to put a load on. I'll let u know...
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
OK if it is pumping out then likely you have a problem with the motor - come back to me when you've put you load through - Ian
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Water is leaking from the back somewhere now
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
OK assuming that the only thing that you have removed is the filter then you havent got it back in correctly. it fits into a groove and if you force it in without it being in the groove it will leak. So pump out the water and take it out and refit it correctly - Ian
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
??
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
OK since we started our conversation what have you actually done sofar, did you take out the drain pump filter? You say that you have got a leak at the back, did you have the leak earlier or is it something that has occured since you did something?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried refitting the filter within the grooves but it's still leaking. Taken water out of pump too but it's not spinning again
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Leak only occurred after you told me to remove filter
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
OK try turning the filter through 180 degrees and replace it, just check that the rubber seal near the cap is not covered in much and stopping it seal correctly and what is spinning the pump or the washing machine drum.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The drum was spinning. I wasn't sure whether I should remove filter whilst washer spinning
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Problem I had has worsened
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pls can you refund the fee
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please refund the full fee as I have resolved the error code myself now. After speaking with the technician and doing as he said I have now got a leak which I cannot stop and will have to call an engineer / plumber which is going to cost me more. I await your urgent response.