Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a 9 year old beaumatic hob, 1 double heat ring which

Customer Question

I have a 9 year old beaumatic hob, 1 double heat ring which is used most often, outer ring has stopped working, inner ring is ok. Can it be repaired/ replaced?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It's a beaumatic hob- BF25.1SS, 90cm front touch control 5 hyperspeed zone ceramic hob. Front left heat zone is a double zone, the outer/2nd zone has stopped working
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: That's as much as I know
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 months ago.
Hi If the inner zone is still working but not the outer zone then its going to be the heater element itself thats failed. As for the other section to work the switch will be working fine. To fix this the heater plate will need to be replaced. Now this can be replaced but its not a cheap fix. As the heater plate itself is £130 for the part only thats excluding fitting. As if you need to get an engineer in then you can add another £60 on top of that as well. So given the cost of fixing this its not that far off the price of a new one as to be honest you can actually get a new hob for about the same money. Baumatic spares went very expensive when they went bust and Hoover/Candy took over them. Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.
Hi I see the question is still open here, Do you still need more help on this?If so just get back to me and i can advise further. If not then if you could rate the answer that will close the question down on this. Many thanks