Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Pearl, I've got a beko dl1243apw with a draining problem,

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I've got a beko dl1243apw with a draining problem, all the symptoms as above but I can't find the pump, can you advise pleaser?
JA: I'll do all I can to help.
Customer: Many thanks
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Dishwater has the dry and wash lights flashing, and making a humming noise from the bottom of the machine, filters are all clean but the machine isn't draining
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's it thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** its a fairly easy operation, disconnect from the electric, drain and water supplies and place the appliance on its back. Remove the base and follow the corrigated grey hose and the drain pump connects to it. Its a click fit so you have to push two locking tabs and then it should turn about 60 degrees and come off. Have a towel to catch any water. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done all further questions are free of charge, do come back to me if you require further help. Thank you for using JA and have a great afternoon.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
First class and quick advise. Pump was clear so back to square one as to why it won't drain. Many thanks though Ian.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
First thing is to find out if the actual pump is working so with it removed and the appliance at about 45 degrees start the program, for about the first 20 seconds once started it should be doing a pump out so you should see the pump impeller rotating at high speed. Come back to me when this is done with your results.