Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Electrolux 1200 canister. Keeps stopping as soon as a suction

Customer Question

Electrolux 1200 canister. Keeps stopping as soon as a suction load is encountered. The dust bag is virtually empty and the filter is clean. I have vacuumed some ultra fine material which may have affected sensors in the canister. Where is this located and what is the repair? Thanks, Dave
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If you remove the bag and use a an air compressor to blow out the machine, paying special attention to the motor vents, you should be able to blow it out and restore proper operation. The unit monitors current draw of the motor, so if there is a blockage of fine dust, it may be messing with the motor current.