Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My refrigerator keeps running Electrolux sent out a repair

Customer Question

My refrigerator keeps running Electrolux sent out a repair man and he replaced the front control panel, computer, ice maker and the rear water valve. so i called them again, this is the 5th time that they tried to fix this fridge, first time it just stopped cooling and they sent someone out and fixed it. it worked for a while and then the same thing happened and that took about 2 weeks to get that done.and then so on with all the other repairs. so the last time I noticed that it would keep running and the ice maker wasn't working and the water on the front stopped working all so. so we called them again and and had to fight with them to get them to send someone out again an they did. and thats when the repair guy did what I explained at the top. the fridge is only 2 years old and they told us there is nothing more than can so other them give us a 40% discount on an new one or buy the 800 dollar insurance, and then maybe, just maybe they could replace it. Okay so now the thing runs all the time and I noticed that there was water on the floor and found out that because it is running all the time so the filter, witch is in the bottom of the fridge, froze and broke the filter and some of the water lines. So I want to fix this thing and wanted to get some feed back on what to try next. model number is *****
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
and they all so replaced the inside temp sensor twice now
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If the temperature sensors and the main electronic control has been replaced and it still runs excessively and freezes everything it is likely a problem with the wiring between the sensors and the main control. The sensor circuits work by the sensors sending a resistance signal to the controller which then interprets the resistance and converts that reading to temperature. So, if the sensors are new and the control is new, the wiring is probably causing the resistance to change between the two components. I suspect the wiring harness will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will look into that. I'm going to
Take it apart in the next couple of days and look at Everything
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Sounds good, keep me posted!