Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Siemens Hob EH77501E/06. Last week I had to replace

Customer Question

I have a Siemens Hob EH77501E/06. Last week I had to replace the oven beneath it and somehow during isolating, disconnecting and re-connecting the various kitchen appliances the hob stopped working completely. I have checked and there is power to the unit but no lights or sign of life whatsoever. Any thoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thanks, ***** ***** this is an automated response. Not sure what more I can tell you......
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! I suspect the wiring was installed incorrectly or may have a loose connection. If it was installed incorrectly, it may have damaged the control. Did you have any issues while wiring the unit back up, any sparks or shorts or anything?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi. No shorts or sparks whatsoever but I'll check the wiring. It's possible I re-wired it up incorrectly. Here in the UK we have a live and neutral (AC) so in theory surely it shouldn't make any difference but I'll check. Thanks will come back to you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
The earth ground is going to be important, too, because the control system needs that as well.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks. Checked everything and all wired OK (live earth and neutral) It was switched off at the wall! Electrician had incorrectly labelled isolators - now corrected. Lucky I had isolated all kitchen circuits when changing oven. All OK now thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Excellent, glad it was an easy fix!