Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

My Electrolux washing machine will not set off. The on/off

Customer Question

My Electrolux washing machine will not set off. The on/off switch is flashing and door shut but will not start the programme
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Can you post the model number of the washer please. Regards
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
AWF 12480 W / AWF 14480 W
Hi Thanks for that. Are you getting any error codes comming up? If not then lets see if theres a code in there.Turn it on and close the door.Then you need to press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the error code should come up E?? Let me know the code.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
E 51
E51 error code is a motor triac problem. But sometimes a faulty motor can cause this as the insulation in the motor fails and can cause the washer to stop working.To check what you can do is tip the washer backwards and look under the washer. There you will see the motor. Unplug the wiring block going to the motor. It can be quite tight under there as there isn't much room to work but it can be done. Then retry the washer and see if it will start. If it does then the motor will need to be replaced. But if still the same then the control board will be the problem as this is were the motor triacs are anyway.But im afraid in either case this isnt going to be a cheap repair. If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Hi I see the question is still open here. Do you still need more help with the washer? If so just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer then this will close the question. Many thanks